ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew K Gatford <GATF...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Sandesha2: Unused methods in the Bean managers
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:55:40 GMT
Has anyone any thoughts on this ?
I've also discovered one more -

SequencePropertyBeanMgrImpl.java
updateOrInsert

Should I just go ahead and create a JIRA and remove these methods ?

Andrew Gatford

Hursley MP211
Telephone :
Internal (7) 245743
External 01962 815743
Internet : gatfora@uk.ibm.com

             Andrew K
             Gatford/UK/IBM@IB
             MGB                                                        To
                                       sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org
             29/06/2006 09:09                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Sandesha2: Unused methods in the
                                       Bean managers

Whilst trying to understand the Bean Managers, I've found that there are
several methods that are not actually called.

InvokerBeanMgr.java
findUnique

SenderBeanMgr.java
findUnique
retrieveFromMessageRefKey

NextMsgBeanMgr
delete

I'm guessing that the delete method will be used at some point and there
are places in the code where it is commented out, but will the others?
Should these methods be removed so people can avoid implementing methods
that will never be used ?

Also, it would be nice to see some java doc for the methods to describe
what is expected of the Bean manager implementations.

Thanks

Andrew Gatford

Hursley MP211
Telephone :