ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Lovett <MLOV...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: RM message processing
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 10:58:38 GMT
Hi Chamikra,

Your explanation makes sense, and I agree that the stack should provide
the layering that your diagram illustrates, but we still have a problem
with mustUnderstand processing. The current implementation achieves the
layering without enough attention to the soap processing model.

The simple way to code mustUnderstand while still keeping the current
design would be to call out to a mustUnderstand check from each of the
msgprocessors that handles the soap body. However, I'm sure we won't be
the only WS-* spec that needs to do stuff like this, so it would be nice
to try and come up with a cleaner way of modelling the situation. Perhaps
it's a design point that has to be resolved in Axis2? At the least we
should try and be consistent.

Thoughts?

Matt

"Chamikara Jayalath" <chamikaramj@gmail.com> wrote on 05/07/2006 04:46:21:

> Hi Matt,
>
> As I can remember there was some discussion abt this on the mailing
> list sometime back.
>
> In my mind Axis2 Message Processing is not only about a set of
> handlers that work on a Message Context that is passed through which
> is more close to the Axis1 model. What I feel is that Axis2 message
> processing engine consist of a set of layers each doing a well
> defined work on a message context. A layer will be more close to a
> Phase and each layer can consist of a multiple set of handlers.
>
> For example there can be a security layer which does some security
> specific functions on the message, a RM layer that does some RM
> specific work on the message and Transaction layer which would do
> some Transactional work on the message. Application message exchange
> would be done end to end (i.e. between a ServiceClient and a
> MessageReceiver). But there can be control message exchanges between
> two layers and those messages do not have to go through layers after
> that and go to the ends (for e.g. to the MessageReceiver).
>
> For example think of what would happen if SecureConversation think
> of sending some of its control messages to the RM layer. RM may
> consider these as application messages and would try to add them to
> a sequence which should not be the correct behaviour. Because of
> this problem as I can remember the RM layer in Axis1 (Sandesha1) had
> to skip other control messages by pre-knowing their actions which
> does not seem to be the correct model.
>
> I guess this diagram will further clarify my point.
> http://people.apache.org/~chamikara/images/axis2_layered_model.png
>

> Chamikara
>

> On 7/4/06, Matthew Lovett <MLOVETT@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been taking a look at the way that (java) sandesha2 processes the
RM