ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From "Chamikara Jayalath" <chamikar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Sandesha2 ] Improving performance
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 04:56:04 GMT
Hi Samisa,

On 7/25/06, Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Chamikara Jayalath wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I went through the Sandesha2 code to find out any places we can modify
> > or change to improve the overall performance. I thought following
> > improvements would be useful.
> >
> > 1. Caching initialized messages
> >
> > Currently MessageInitializer.initialize() methods get called multiple
> > times for the Same message context (for example in Handlers, Invoker,
> > Sender etc ). Everytime this is called the RM object model get built
> > out of the SOAP envelope. But it will be better if we can cache this
> > object model once it is built.

How are you going to chache this? I am interested in figuring out how to
> do that in C, but if you tell me how you plan for Java, that helps.
> Thanks,
> Samisa...

This  will be a simple in-memory cache,  probably as  a property of the
message context. This is not about storing the SOAP envelope (whichiis done
using the StorageManager). The idea here is to simply avoid building the
object model in each handler.

Chamikara