ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From "Chamikara Jayalath" <chamikar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Sandesha2 ] Improving performance
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:03:16 GMT
Hi Paul,Jaliya, All,

The current implementation works as follows.

If the AcksTo endpoint is anonymous an Ack is sent in the response channel
of every request message.

If AcksTo is a real endpoint, we use the AcknowledgementInterval policy to
decide the acking interval. In this scenario if the request message has an
AckRequested header an async ack is sent immediately. Else we wait the time
amount defined by AcknowledgementInterval policy before sending the ack as a
standalone message. If the Sandesha2 Sender find any application messages
going to the same endpoint before this time interval is passed, it will
piggyback the waiting ack in this message.

I guess one way to support the Pauls long running RM scenario is providing a
high value for the AcknowledgementInterval policy, if we provide a
additional policy to decide the piggybacking interval (which may be a
percentage as paul mentioned).

Chamikara