ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From "Jaliya Ekanayake" <jnekanay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RM+Security
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:38:07 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@opensource.lk>
To: "Jaliya Ekanayake" <jaliya@apache.org>
Cc: "Chamikara Jayalath" <chamikaramj@gmail.com>; "Matthew Lovett"
<MLOVETT@uk.ibm.com>; <sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:07 PM
Subject: Re: RM+Security

> On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 14:47 -0400, Jaliya Ekanayake wrote:
>> Hi Matt and Chamikara,
>>
>> IMHO; better to use Rampart to understand the RM messages and handle
>> the security token management accordingly as Chamikara have mentioned.
>
> We don't necessarily need for Rampart (or another security provider; I
> think that's the need that Matt's trying to address) to understand the
> RM messages. Instead if we properly abstract the security function we
> should be able to push understanding the tokens to the security provider
> and have Sandesha dumbly call the security guy and ask something like
> "is this cool with you" and get a simple yes/no answer.

I think this won't solve the problem completely. The reason is that Secure
Conversation needs to exchange tokens more frequently than RM sequences. May
be there are multiple security token exchanges for one RM Sequence. So the
Rampart needs to know which sequence it is dealing  with.

Thanks,
-Jaliya