ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From "Jaliya Ekanayake" <jnekanay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generic phase for module authors
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 16:41:26 GMT
+1 to add QoS phases predefined. E.g. Security, RM, Transaction etc.. The order for most cases
is fixed and IMHO no harm to have them.
-Jaliya
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chamikara Jayalath
  To: Deepal Jayasinghe
  Cc: sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org ; axis-dev@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 2:03 AM
  Subject: Re: Generic phase for module authors

  Hi Deepal,

  yes, it is easier when handlers have to be added only to the predefined phases. The users
will be able to add the module by a simple drag & drop.

  But since these phases are named in a generic manner (not as RMPhase SecurityPhase etc)
 it will be very common for handlers from various modules to end up in the same phase.
  But there are cases where we want to make sure that handlers are invoked in a specific order.
(for e.g. RM + Security).

  This will increase the usage of the phase order feature. But current phase order implementation
only offers  simple functionalities (for e.g. we cannot say a RM Inflow Handler have to be
after the two addressing handlers, when they are in the same phase).
  Is it possible to make this feature a bit advance. I think it will be quite useful.

  Thanks.
  Chamikara