ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From "Shurtleff, Troy \(US SSA\)" <troy.shurtl...@baesystems.com>
Subject RE: Response times from services using Sandesha
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 21:15:40 GMT
I am also experiencing significant performance degradation when using
Sandesha for RM.  My web service needs to be able to handle relatively
high-rate invocations.  I can tolerate some latency but I need to keep
the throughput up.

How can I specify the parameters for the timing constraints
(BaseRetransmissionInterval, AcknowledgementInterval, etc)?  Are there
any guidelines for setting these?

What are some other things I can do to increase the performance?

Thanks,
Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: jaliya@opensource.lk [mailto:jaliya@opensource.lk]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:18 PM
To: Hughes@pair.com; James D.; sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Response times from services using Sandesha

Hi James,

As per the RM specification, for a single request/response web service
invocation, there will be at least 6 messages need to be passed between
the two parties to the communication. The protocol is design to handle
many messages in a sequence, so the percentage of additional messages
become less significant.

In addition, there are timing constraints such as retransmission
interval
and acknowledgement interval etc. So RM is bit time consuming quality of
service.

Thanks,

Jaliya