ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Schmeling <Benjamin_Schmel...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: WS Commons Policy
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:16:02 GMT
Okay, but I could use the Ws Commons Policy implementation to intersect
the policies of the server and the client (Assuming I know how to
retrieve them). I tried it out with examples of RM-Policy, but the
results of the intersection is not as I expected:

Policy A is:

<wsp:Policy xmlns:tns="example.com"
            xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy"

xmlns:wsrm="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm/policy"
xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"
            wsu:Id="MyPolicy">
    <wsrm:RMAssertion>
        <wsrm:InactivityTimeout Milliseconds="240000"/>
        <wsrm:BaseRetransmissionInterval Milliseconds="3000"/>
        <wsrm:ExponentialBackoff/>
        <wsrm:AcknowledgementInterval Milliseconds="200"/>
    </wsrm:RMAssertion>
     <!-- omitted assertions -->
</wsp:Policy>

Policy B is:

<wsp:Policy xmlns:tns="example.com"
            xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy"

xmlns:wsrm="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm/policy"
xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"
            wsu:Id="MyPolicy">
    <wsrm:RMAssertion>
        <wsrm:InactivityTimeout Milliseconds="1000"/>
        <wsrm:BaseRetransmissionInterval Milliseconds="3000"/>
        <wsrm:ExponentialBackoff/>
        <wsrm:AcknowledgementInterval Milliseconds="200"/>
    </wsrm:RMAssertion>
     <!-- omitted assertions -->
</wsp:Policy>

The intersection is:

<wsp:Policy xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy"
wsu:Id="MyPolicy">
    <wsp:ExactlyOne>
        <wsp:All>
            <wsrm:RMAssertion
xmlns:wsrm="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm/policy">
                <wsrm:InactivityTimeout Milliseconds="100" />
                <wsrm:BaseRetransmissionInterval Milliseconds="3000" />
                <wsrm:ExponentialBackoff /><wsrm:AcknowledgementInterval
Milliseconds="200" />
            </wsrm:RMAssertion>
            <wsrm:RMAssertion
xmlns:wsrm="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm/policy">
                <wsrm:InactivityTimeout Milliseconds="240000" />
                <wsrm:BaseRetransmissionInterval Milliseconds="3000" />
                <wsrm:ExponentialBackoff />
                <wsrm:AcknowledgementInterval Milliseconds="200" />
            </wsrm:RMAssertion>
        </wsp:All>
    </wsp:ExactlyOne>
</wsp:Policy>

I expected, that there is no common agreement between client and server,
because of the different InactivityTimeout. Is that because of the
general definition of WS-Policy ? Do we need another implementation for
the concrete domain specific policy assertions (e.g. RMPolicy)?

Thanks,

Benjamin