ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From Sanka Samaranayake <ssa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WS Commons Policy
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:06:32 GMT
Hi Benjamin,

On 1/23/06, Benjamin Schmeling <Benjamin_Schmeling@gmx.de> wrote:
> Okay, but I could use the Ws Commons Policy implementation to intersect
> the policies of the server and the client (Assuming I know how to
> retrieve them). I tried it out with examples of RM-Policy, but the
> results of the intersection is not as I expected:
>
> Policy A is:
>
> <wsp:Policy xmlns:tns="example.com"
>             xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
>             xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy"
>
> xmlns:wsrm="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm/policy"
> xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"
>             wsu:Id="MyPolicy">
>     <wsrm:RMAssertion>
>         <wsrm:InactivityTimeout Milliseconds="240000"/>
>         <wsrm:BaseRetransmissionInterval Milliseconds="3000"/>
>         <wsrm:ExponentialBackoff/>
>         <wsrm:AcknowledgementInterval Milliseconds="200"/>
>     </wsrm:RMAssertion>
>      <!-- omitted assertions -->
> </wsp:Policy>
>
> Policy B is:
>
> <wsp:Policy xmlns:tns="example.com"
>             xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
>             xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy"
>
> xmlns:wsrm="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm/policy"
> xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"
>             wsu:Id="MyPolicy">
>     <wsrm:RMAssertion>
>         <wsrm:InactivityTimeout Milliseconds="1000"/>
>         <wsrm:BaseRetransmissionInterval Milliseconds="3000"/>
>         <wsrm:ExponentialBackoff/>
>         <wsrm:AcknowledgementInterval Milliseconds="200"/>
>     </wsrm:RMAssertion>
>      <!-- omitted assertions -->
> </wsp:Policy>
>
> The intersection is:
>
> <wsp:Policy xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy"
> wsu:Id="MyPolicy">
>     <wsp:ExactlyOne>
>         <wsp:All>
>             <wsrm:RMAssertion
> xmlns:wsrm="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm/policy">
>                 <wsrm:InactivityTimeout Milliseconds="100" />
>                 <wsrm:BaseRetransmissionInterval Milliseconds="3000" />
>                 <wsrm:ExponentialBackoff /><wsrm:AcknowledgementInterval
> Milliseconds="200" />
>             </wsrm:RMAssertion>
>             <wsrm:RMAssertion
> xmlns:wsrm="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm/policy">
>                 <wsrm:InactivityTimeout Milliseconds="240000" />
>                 <wsrm:BaseRetransmissionInterval Milliseconds="3000" />
>                 <wsrm:ExponentialBackoff />
>                 <wsrm:AcknowledgementInterval Milliseconds="200" />
>             </wsrm:RMAssertion>
>         </wsp:All>
>     </wsp:ExactlyOne>
> </wsp:Policy>
>
> I expected, that there is no common agreement between client and server,
> because of the different InactivityTimeout. Is that because of the
> general definition of WS-Policy ?

yes, thats the exact definition of policy intersect according
WS-Policy specification. The result you got is correct according to
the sepc.

> Do we need another implementation for
> the concrete domain specific policy assertions (e.g. RMPolicy)?

Rather you need a domain specific policy processor (say
RMPolicyProcessor) to evaluate those two RMAssertions and to throw a
fault saying that there is a policy violation or policy
incompatibility .

Sanka