ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From "Jaliya Ekanayake" <jnekanay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Response times from services using Sandesha
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 06:56:50 GMT
Hi Troy,

There are two possible places you can modify to get some performance improvements.
Modify the WSRMPolicy.xml in the config directory (it should be in the classpath when you
run) to change the BaseRetransmissionInterval and AcknowledgementInterval.

In addition if you can modify the code, reduce the values for the followings in the Constants.

 long RMINVOKER_SLEEP_TIME = 2000L;
 long SENDER_SLEEP_TIME = 2000L;
 long CLIENT_RESPONSE_CHECKING_INTERVAL = 500L;

We will soon put these in the property file so that they can be easily modified.

According to the spec if we try to make a one request/response type web service invocation
reliable using WS-RM it requires 6 message transfers, but if we need to transfer several messages
in a sequence then we can reduce the percentage on overhead messages.

We decided all these values depending on the interop tests that we had with various other
implementations such as IBM and Microsoft. But they may not reflect the optimal values for
specific business scenarios

Please update us with the results.

Thanks,
Jaliya

  I am also experiencing significant performance degradation when using
  Sandesha for RM.  My web service needs to be able to handle relatively
  high-rate invocations.  I can tolerate some latency but I need to keep
  the throughput up.

  How can I specify the parameters for the timing constraints
  (BaseRetransmissionInterval, AcknowledgementInterval, etc)?  Are there
  any guidelines for setting these?

  What are some other things I can do to increase the performance?

  Thanks,
  Troy