ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From "Jaliya Ekanayake" <jnekanay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] A persistence module for Axis2
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 04:20:19 GMT
Hi Don,

It would be very nice if we can have generic persistency layer for axis2 so that other modules
can utilize it.
However IMHO if we try to persist a message once the entire content hierarchy is completed
then we may end up with lot of unnecessary work. What I also feel is if we can save the messages
as an when they are arrive then we only need to save the SOAP content and the transport specific
properties. We used this approach when we develop the initial version of Sandesha. However
when we have the security in place we should let the security to run first and then we can
save the messages after that.In this case we may need to save  some security related properties
as well.

I would also like to give some help as well.

Thanks,

Jaliya

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chamikara Jayalath
  To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org ; sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:30 PM
  Subject: Re: [Axis2] A persistence module for Axis2

  Hi Don,

  This is nice. We were planning to develop a similar functionality for the RM Module. If
you develop this module we can certainly use it.

  Some points,

  Axis2 has a context hierarchy. So messages coming in and going out of the system will have
some properties saved in those as well. So you may have to persist some information in other
contexts as well (to make sure that the message could be affectively reused later). But initially
we can start by saving only the message context.

  When security module is engaged, it will be the first to eccept incoming requests and verify
them. So make sure that the persistent handlers of your module are placed after that. If you
try to  persist before the security handlers , that may pave the way for a DOS attack.

  My personal view is that this functionality should be a part of the core axis2 distribution.
So that not only RM, but other modules also will be able to use that (e.g. Transaction). So
I believe a persistent module should come with Axis2 (like addressing). (But may not be engaged
by default.)

  Thanks,
  Chamikara