ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From Chamikara Jayalath <chamikar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Sandesha2] The Policy model
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 06:36:17 GMT
Hi Jaliya,

For the client side
--------------------------
The policies will be decided at the stub generation time only (stub will be
generated using the wsdl of the service which has the policies). The way
this information is available for the module is only as a property of the
message context . The thing is, client will be talking to different
endpoints or different opeartions of the same endpoint. In both these cases
Policies will vary from Message Context to Message Context (ok may be its
from op. context to op. context but any way the idea is the same - it
varies). So it should be a property of some context and the Sender should
use this information to decide the things like retransmission of each
message.

For the server side
Only for consistency. Each message context will be filled with the same
policy infromation if they are from the same service and the same operation.
(So what u say is right for the server side :) )

This way the RM Sender code can be generalized. Sender will work at the
message context level (just like Sandesha1). It will use the policy
information of each Message Context to adjust the next retransmission time
etc.

thanx,
Chamikara