ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Sadesha2] Using Hibernate API to implement the Persistence Storage
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 08:03:13 GMT
Sanka

I think that would be one approach. If we do that I would suggest creating a
set of Data Access Object interfaces, and put the Hibernate specific
implementations of them in a separate JAR. That way we could reimplement
those DAOs another way and remove the dependency on Hibernate at a later
stage if we desire. This is the model that Spring uses
http://www.springframework.org/docs/reference/orm.html and is very
effective.

So the idea is:

[Sandesha.jar] depends on [HDAO.jar] which depends on [ Hibernate.jar]

but

[Sandesha.jar] does not depend on [Hibernate.jar]

Paul