ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From jal...@opensource.lk
Subject Re: Response times from services using Sandesha
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 02:18:26 GMT
Hi James,

As per the RM specification, for a single request/response web service
invocation, there will be at least 6 messages need to be passed between
the two parties to the communication. The protocol is design to handle
many messages in a sequence, so the percentage of additional messages
become less significant.

In addition, there are timing constraints such as retransmission interval
and acknowledgement interval etc. So RM is bit time consuming quality of
service.

Thanks,

Jaliya
----- Original Message -----
From: Hughes, James D.
To: sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 3:22 PM
Subject: Response times from services using Sandesha

To get familiar with Sandesha I've created a simple service that returns a
count of the number of times it has been called. When I do call.invoke it
takes several (five or so) seconds for the result to come back using
Sandesha. If I use just Axis it comes back immediately. Any ideas as to
the cause of such a long delay?

Thanks,

James Hughes

The MITRE Corporation