ws-rampart-dev mailing list archives

From "Nandana Mihindukulasooriya" <nandana....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: authentication with X509 certs
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 06:11:37 GMT
Hi Dietmar,
        I  still  don't get the scenario very clearly.

On successful authentication  (with whatever method - HTTP auth, usename
> token, X509, SAML, Kerberos?)
> I'd like to generate some custom credentials that are used later on to
> (re-)authenticate with the backend systems
> that the Web service invokes.

Will WS - Trust [1] or WS - Secure Conversation [2] suit your requirement ?

[1] - http://specs.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/WS-Trust.pdf
[2] - http://specs.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/sc/WS-SecureConversation.pdf

Thanks,
Nandana