ws-muse-user mailing list archives

From "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vingu...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: wsdlmerge error
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 19:15:18 GMT
Hi Alex,
All my wsdl/xsds are in UTF-8.  I reviewed my files with the one
generated by wsdlmerge, and it looks like there is a problem with
wsdlmerge itself.  For example, I have the following partial schema:

       <xs:documentation>
&quot;Relates EquipmentHolders to &#8220;child&#8221; holders, allowing
formation
of an EquipmentHolder tree (e.g., a Shelf that contains Slots).&quot;
       </xs:documentation>

When wsdlmerge generates the output file, it converts the expanded
values like &quot and &#8220 to the actual characters, making the output
file no longer UTF-8.  So then wsdl2java throws an error when processing
the new file.

Perhaps I should log a bug for this?
-Vinh

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Willner [mailto:willner@cs.uni-bonn.de]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:30 PM
To: muse-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: wsdlmerge error

Hi Vinh,

I assume that you know that "Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence"
means that you've a invalid character in your file. But anyway: it's not
a valid UTF-8 coded(!) file with some non ASCII characters like german
umlauts. Double check the file and save it as UTF-8 text.

Regards, Alex

--

Alexander Willner

University of Bonn, Institute of Computer Science IV Roemerstr. 164,
53117 Bonn, Germany
Tel: +49 228 734548, Fax: +49 228 734571 http://cs.bonn.edu/IV/willner/
IM: willner@jabber.org