ws-muse-user mailing list archives

From "Vinh Nguyen \(vinguye2\)" <vingu...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: extending wsn-consumer with other webservice methods
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 04:35:32 GMT
Yes, what you want to achieve is possible and not difficult to do at
all.  There are two general designs:

1) Create a client app which acts as a simple stand-alone broker (as the
Muse samples show).  The client calls the producer resource, and
subscribes another resource as the consumer.  The client app itself
doesn't have to reside on a server at all.

2) Combine both your client code and consumer resource into a single
server application.  Put your client code into a custom capability and
attach it to your consumer resource.  When you invoke this capability
operation, it would then contact the remote producer and subscribe the
consumer for notifications.  Just make sure your consumer app includes
the necessary client jars.  You will also have to create a custom wsdl
that imports the operations of WS-BaseNotification-1_3.wsdl, and add
your custom operation to your wsdl (i.e. like the wsn-producer sample
wsdl, which also imports operations it needs from the
WS-BaseNotification-1_3.wsdl).

In general, you can do anything you want in a capability.  The Muse
samples just happen to separate the client code into a separate app.
Remember, in web services, a server application can also be a client
itself.  Not only does it receive requests from other web apps, but it
can also send requests to other apps.  How much client behavior you want
your server app to have...depends on your design requirements.
-Vinh