ws-muse-user mailing list archives

From Adi <adi.pan...@gmail.com>
Subject How to add a new Filter and FilterFactory?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:26:52 GMT
Sorry for cross posting to both user and dev groups but I think the topic is
relevant to both.

We are using muse to get notifications whenever there are changes in  a data
model. We need to filter some of the notifications based on the attribute of
one of the data obejcts.

Use case :  Subscribe to a topic "XOBJ_UPDATES" and receive messages only
when a property in a message (xObj.location) matches a regular expression.

Our approach: Use a FilterCollection of TopicFilter and a custom Filter say
MessageElementFilter.
Implement a MessageElementFilter which will match the value of the element
to the regular expression in the accepts( ) method.

Right now I am not able to figure out how to hookup a custom Filter and its
handler on the producer side. The FilterFactory appears to allow only three
types of filters.  Is there a way to replace FilterFactory with another
custom MyFilterFactory.

Any suggestion/advice is welcome.

Thanks.

--