ws-muse-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Jemiolo <danjemi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Building muse from source
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:45:31 GMT
sorry, it looks like we forgot to remove the 'preview' module in the POM
we put in the release. just remove this lines of XML from the root POM:

<dependency>
  <groupId>muse.preview</groupId>
</dependency>

<module>preview</module>

here are the instructions for building the complete distribution - using
this system will download/build the preview modules but ignore them:

        http://ws.apache.org/muse/source-code.html

Gero Vermaas <gvermaas@xebia.com> wrote on 10/05/2006 09:13:54 AM:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to build muse 2.0.0 from the source in order to get the
> jars and all dependencies in my local Maven repository (so basically do
> a 'mvn install'). When I do this from the root directory I get the
> following:
> gero@gerolt3:/tmp/muse-2.0.0-src$ mvn install
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO]
>

> Project ID: unknown
>
> Reason: Could not find the model file
'/tmp/muse-2.0.0-src/preview/pom.xml'.

> [INFO]
> [INFO] Trace
> org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Could not find the
> model file '/tmp/muse-2.0.0-src/preview/pom.xml'.
>         at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:365)
>         at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:278)
>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:115)
>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:256)
>         at

>         at

>         at
>         at
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Could not
> find the model file '/tmp/muse-2.0.0-src/preview/pom.xml'.
>         at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.
> readModel(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1274)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.
> buildFromSourceFileInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:414)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.
> build(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:192)
>         at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMaven.java:515)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:447)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:491)
>         at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:351)