ws-mirae-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Mallawaarachchie <linux.opensou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis 2 Micro Edition for Mobile Devices[Proposal]
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:53:13 GMT
Hi Ias,

First of all thank you verymuch for positive feedback and all the
information.
Please see my replay alone with your comments.

On 2/17/06, Changshin Lee <iasandcb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Manoj,
>
> 2006. 02. 14, 오후 5:48, Manoj Mallawaarachchie 작성:
>
> > Hi Ias,
> >
> > Thank you for your comment and guide lines. I subscribed to mirae
> > mailling list.  Actually I'm not going to implement JSR 172, I
> > suppose to use what ever implementation like Mirae or Kosap etc.
> > But basic idea for create lightweight version of Axis2.
> >
> > What you think of my  senarios and basic architecture ?
>
> 1. Could you explain a little bit more about MSISDN?

   Actually MSISDN mean in telecommunicatin worl is :

Mobile Subscriber ISDN Number

Mobile Station ISDN/PSTN Number

The number used to call a mobile subscriber. An MSISDN consists of a country
code, a national destination code and a subscriber number.

MS ISDN number
Mobile Station international ISDN. Country code + national destination code
+ subscriber number. Identifies a mobile subscriber.

2. Scenario 1 seems that web services are on top of SMS (or MMS)
> transport protocol, of which binding is not defined in WSDL. Do you
> intend to communicate with SOAP/SMS and without WSDL on your proposal?

Yes, It's have send SOAP over SMS. Your question is correct, But in SMS
applications, like if you send SMS to some port like 8888 and ask some sport
updates, the application and SMSC are communicate with SMPP protocol(most of
the cases) that application should have a capability of interprit reserved
SOAP message. Basically it is additional later between WS engine and the SMS
reserver. This layer hand over reserved SOAP message to WS engine like Axis
and do some action or send SOAP response. It's kind of mediater.(it's
basically  gateway to SMSC).

In Axis point of view Axis have to have SMS transpost protocol capability.
Is this you mean by? please let me know.

3. Your scenarios and component stack look pretty close to JSR 279 at
> http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=279. In addition to that,
> manipulating XML messages requires some XML infoset model in Java ME,
> so JSR 280 is supposed to provide DOM. Those two JSRs are going to
> release its early draft in March, I recommend your reviewing them and
> designing on them.

 Thank for info , I'll consider it .

4. Mirae C++ is very very interesting, and actually some asked me why
> there's no such :-) Personally, I'd like you to start Mirae C++ first
> and think that it would be attractive and unique since there are
> already several Java ME web services implementations  such as Sun's
> WTK and Nokia's SDK.

Yes we have to learn more about Symbian C++ , But some mobile device
manufacturers are not use Symbian,  But we can keep our architecture
platform independent , so our model can implement in what ever technology
even MS smart phones.

Please vist following links for developer info for Symbian

Getting Start
http://www.symbian.com/developer/techlib/papers/cpp_gettingstarted.asp

Java and Symbian
http://www.symbian.com/developer/techlib/papers/java_MIDP.asp

Example Codes
http://www.symbian.com/developer/techlib/staffapps.html

Tech Papers
http://www.symbian.com/developer/techlib/index.html

Symbian OS Tools
http://www.symbian.com/developer/downloads/tools.htm

5. Mirae has the following modules:
> jaxp: an implementation of the JSR 172 JAXP subset
> jaxrpc: an implementation of the JSR 172 JAX-RPC subset on top of
> jaxp module
> stax: an implementation of the StAX ME (which will be in JSR 280)
> ws: an implementation of the JSR 172 JAX-RPC subset on top of stax
> module + extra features

Good work. Thanks.

I hope you would come up with some new modules (e.g. Mirae C++ ,
> Mirae messaging, and so on) by revising your proposal.

Yes sure, I'll do. give couple of days to think and read the stuff.

Thanks for your nice work on that,

Thank you too.

By the way I Add some additional info regarding SMS basic GSM network in
following links , which will help for developers who think of SMS transports
protocol for SOAP.

1) Short Message Service , How? What ? and Where?
http://www.wirelessdevnet.com/channels/sms/features/sms.html

2) How Does SMS work
http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(36350)

3)How SMS work
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/sms.htm/printable

4) SMS and the PDU format
http://www.dreamfabric.com/sms/

5) Say Hello in SMS world
http://www.dreamfabric.com/sms/hello.html

6) 7-bit Default Alpahbet
http://www.dreamfabric.com/sms/default_alphabet.html

7)Flash SMS
http://www.dreamfabric.com/sms/alert.html

Please keep in touch and give some guide lines, I'll look at JSR 279 and
send some feed back

Ias

BR,
Manoj