ws-kandula-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions on TCP Transport
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 06:18:34 GMT
Hi Folks,

I was trying to get the TCP transport working with Synapse. I was able to
get a simple scenario working but I have a couple of questions.

1. It seems in order to use the TCP listener, one should enable both the TCP
listener and the sender in the axis2.xml. The TCPWorker specifically checks
for this condition. Is this check really necessary?

2. The transport only allows one server socket for all services. Why don't
we make it possible to configure the transport at service level? That way
different services can have different server sockets. We can also use that
to push non-SOAP messages into services using TCP.

If these improvements sound valid and acceptable I can provide some patches.

Thanks,
Hiranya

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka