ws-kandula-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions on TCP Transport
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 09:08:15 GMT
On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 08:18, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I was trying to get the TCP transport working with Synapse. I was able to
> get a simple scenario working but I have a couple of questions.
> 1. It seems in order to use the TCP listener, one should enable both the TCP
> listener and the sender in the axis2.xml. The TCPWorker specifically checks
> for this condition. Is this check really necessary?
> 2. The transport only allows one server socket for all services. Why don't
> we make it possible to configure the transport at service level? That way
> different services can have different server sockets. We can also use that
> to push non-SOAP messages into services using TCP.

I think both approaches are meaningful:

* One socket for all services is a good approach when WS-Addressing is used.
* One socket per service is required when WS-Addressing is not an option.

Note that AbstractTransportListenerEx nicely supports both options.
Probably it's time to refactor the TCP transport to use
AbstractTransportListenerEx (which didn't exist at the time the TCP
transport was implemented).