ws-kandula-dev mailing list archives

From Dasarath Weeratunge <dweer...@purdue.edu>
Subject Re: Kandula1
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:21:01 GMT
Quoting Dominik Heller <Dominik.Heller@gmx.net>:

Dominik,

Thank you very much for putting time into testing Kandula with JBoss.

To the best of my knowledge, the transaction identifier is not required in the
register message. However, the reference parameters in the header MUST be
included in the header of the register message and this has not been done. Most
likely as a result, JBoss is unable to correlate the register message with an
active transaction and thus responds with an error. Hence the
RegisterResponseType is NULL! I suspect the reason for reference parameters not
been included in the header is because Kandula uses the reference properties
element instead of reference parameters element. I will fix this problem today.

However, this is just one half of the problem. I hope JBoss handles reference
properties correctly for otherwise, you may come across a similar problem at
their end.

Do you have a JBoss endpoint that I may access?

When we first developed Kandula, we checked the status of JBoss ws-at
implementation but there was none. Since then no one has tried to use Kandula
with JBoss. The only other implementation that we have had at least some success
is that of IBM. Even there we have not tested against what they have in
WebSphere but one of their interop endpoints. We tried to test Kandula against
Microsoft code but that too ran into some problems. I do not know the details
since it was Thilina (another committer) who attended the interop.

-- Dasarath

<wscoor:CoordinationType>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/10/wsat</wscoor:CoordinationType>

xmlns:wsa="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing">http://sal:58080/xts/soap/RegistrationCoordinator</wsa:Address>

xmlns:wsarj="http://schemas.arjuna.com/ws/2005/10/wsarj">-3f57fe6f:553:47694c80:2</wsarj:InstanceIdentifier>
> </wsa:ReferenceParameters>
> </wscoor:RegistrationService>
> </wscoor:CoordinationContext>
> </env:Header>
> <env:Body>
> <ns1:checkForExistence xmlns:ns1="http://www.example.org/ND_NEW/">
> <in0>rollback@test</in0>
> <in1>passwort</in1>
> </ns1:checkForExistence>
> </env:Body>
> </env:Envelope>
>
> after receiving the following message was sent to the registrationCoordinator
> by the kandula ws:
>
> <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> xmlns:wsa="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing"
> <soapenv:Header>
> <wsa:MessageID

soapenv:mustUnderstand="0">uuid:e907b520-ae52-11dc-ad9b-9ce2e198af1e</wsa:MessageID>

soapenv:mustUnderstand="0">http://sal:58080/xts/soap/RegistrationCoordinator</wsa:To>

soapenv:mustUnderstand="0">http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/10/wscoor/Register</wsa:Action>

<wsa:Address>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing/role/anonymous</wsa:Address>

<ProtocolIdentifier>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/10/wsat/Durable2PC</ProtocolIdentifier>