ws-kandula-dev mailing list archives

From Dasarath Weeratunge <dweer...@purdue.edu>
Subject Re: Help for Kandula 1
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2007 02:30:53 GMT

> What I meant earlier, is that on the client side I have wrapped the
> tm.begin() and the tm.commit() with a try/catch block. In addition I
> have some system.outs on the server side in the commit method. as soon
> as the client invokes the tm.commit() the server side works fine and
> comes to an end but on the client side I get a timeoutException which I
> catch because of the try/catch block. After catching the exception I
> invoke the getBalances Method and there it says no transaction on the
> server side.

Are you running your client in a web container? Meaning does the client end of
Kandula reachable from the server side? If this is not the case, then that
explains why you get a timeout on the client side in spite of successful
completion on the server side. The client end must be able to receive the
"Committed" message from the server end or an equivalent response for it to
return normally. You would not have this problem if you use synchronous port types.

-- Dasarath