ws-kandula-dev mailing list archives

From Dasarath Weeratunge <dweer...@purdue.edu>
Subject Re: a code release anyone?
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 14:40:24 GMT
Quoting Hannes Erven <hannes@erven.at>:

> Hi folks,
>

> > How about we do a release for kandula-1? What's the process followed by
> axis2
> > people? Its great if we can also release kandula-2 at the same time but
> docs and
> > sample applications are still on their way it seems :-)
>

> I'd suggest to wait for a Kandula-1 release until the WS-BA samples have
> been put in -- the developers decided lately do delegate that work to
> Georg and me, but since we do not yet have collected enough karma... ;-)
>
> But, as soon as that's done, +1 from me for a Kandula-0.2 release.

Definitely. We should wait till you get karma and are able to add in the
samples and docs.

I will try to compile a list of things that we need to do
before the code release. Then everyone can add/delete items to/from that. I was
hoping Thilina (since he is/was the release manager for axis2) would let us
know about the process that needs to be followed to do a code release at
Apache. Even a link to a webpage will do. Based on the list of things we have
completed let us decide whether we can up the code release version up a little
bit to say around .7. In the long run we should aim for version 1.0 which will
require at least couple more code releases within a short span before that.

thanks,
--dasarath