ws-kandula-dev mailing list archives

From Hannes Erven <han...@erven.at>
Subject Re: Kandula_1 ba patch 5(a)
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2007 17:43:31 GMT
Hi Dasarath,

>     [javac] symbol  : constructor IllegalArgumentException (java.lang.String,org
> .apache.axis.AxisFault)

That's a rather strange thing: did you compile on java 1.4 ? Although
I've set the source level to 1.4, my 5SE and 6SE compilers do not
complain about this call. However the Javadoc for the
IllegalArgumentException constructors states that this method was
introduced in 1.5, so the compilers should complain...

Could you please change line 269 in the
ba.participant.AbstractParticipant to

	throw new RuntimeException(

(RuntimeException instead of IllegalArgumentException) ? That
constructor was introduced in 1.4. so it should be fine to use it.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I assumed it to be safe to set the source
compliance down to ensure 1.4 compatibility...

Thanks & best regards,

	-hannes