ws-kandula-dev mailing list archives

From "Jaliya Ekanayake" <jnekanay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: kandula and sandesha
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:22:26 GMT
Hi Dasarath,

Please see my comments below.

On 7/19/06, Dasarath Weeratunge <dweeratu@purdue.edu> wrote:

> Quoting Jaliya Ekanayake <jnekanayake@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Jaliya,
>
> Just a small doubt, why do you allow handlers to process messages not in
> their
> proper order on the server side? Shouldn't RM be transparent to everything
> else?

RM does not modify the order of handlers. It is the message order that I am
talking about. Say the client sent messages 1, 2, 3 and they arrive out of
order in the server side. (say 2,3,1) so RMProvider will queue the messages
and order them and invoke service INORDER (1, 2,3 order)

When a message reach RMProvider all the handlers in this message's path have
already processed this message. So RMProvider has nothing to do with handler
ordering It just re-oreder the messages before invocation of the service.

A quick (but dirty) fix would be to ship in a kandula specific RM provider
> that
> does part of the work done by the transaction handler. So if someone wants
> use kandula with sandesha he can substitute the default provider that
> comes
> with sandesha with kandula specific provider.

Yes, this will be a quick fix, but the problem is the building the source,
we need both sources to build one.

Thanks,
Jaliya

thanks,
> --dasarath
>
> > Hi Dasarath,
> >
> > This is a farley standard design when it comes to message ordering where
> the
> >
> > messages are queued and sorted first and then use a pulling mechanism to
> > invoke services.
> > The other option we have is to keep the thread blocked till Sandesha
> receive
> >
> > the missing messages. However this is not a good design because it may
> lead
> > to exhaustion of the containers thread pool with several un-ordered
> > messages.(Every thread is waiting for some message to arrive)
> >
> > As a verification see how the WCF is handling this.
> >

> http://wcf.netfx3.com/content/IntroductiontoReliableMessagingwiththeWindowsCommu
> nicationFoundation.aspx
> >
> > So, seems like we need another transaction inside the engine.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jaliya

We need a
> way

> client-config.wsdd

> use

> the

of the code that
> but

a new version of

Reached, No

> > {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.generalException
Response from
> the
Timeout
> :125)

> :118)

config wsdd
> file:

> > type="java:org.apache.axis.message.addressing.handler.AddressingHandler"

> org.apache.kandula.coordinator.at.TxHandler"

> > type="java:org.apache.axis.message.addressing.handler.AddressingHandler"

> > deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializerFactory"

> org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializerFactory"

> "/>

> > deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializerFactory"

> org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializerFactory"
> > >> >> >> >>

> > type="java:org.apache.axis.message.addressing.ReferencePropertiesType"/>

> > serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleSerializerFactory"

> > serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleSerializerFactory"

> > serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleSerializerFactory"

> org.apache.axis.message.addressing.ServiceNameType"

> kandulaClient.Coordinatore"/>

> > soapAction="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/kandulaClient#avvia"

> type="java:org.apache.sandesha.ws.rm.handlers.RMServerRequestHandler
> "></handler>

> type="java:org.apache.axis.message.addressing.handler.AddressingHandler
> "></handl

> "/>

> value="Servizio1Service"/>

> kandulaServizio1.Servizio1"/>

> http://localhost:8080/axis/services/kandulaServizio1#somma"

> type="java:org.apache.sandesha.ws.rm.handlers.RMServerRequestHandler
> "></handler>

> type="java:org.apache.axis.message.addressing.handler.AddressingHandler
> "></handl

service is doing?