ws-kandula-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Wang <pipa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Too long to commit wstm
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:40:34 GMT
--- Dasarath Weeratunge <dweeratu@purdue.edu>写道:
> Kandula in its default configuration will terminate transactions after 180
> *seconds*. Change this timeout to whatever value suitable for you and rebuild.
> The constant is defined in the class o.a.k.coordinator.CallbackRegistry.
> However, this value has been sufficient in all the testing that I've done thus far.
>
> --dasarath

I updated DEFAULT_TIMEOUT_MILLIS parameter and recompile. It did little to improve the speed.

Now I give my speed test result. The test is done in the kandula client side wich calls a
ws. It
spends most of the time(9031ms) to excute wstm.commit(). This is the time record.

--> 0ms <Begin>

TransactionManagerImpl wstm = TransactionManagerImpl.getInstance();
wstm.begin();
--> 32ms

po.MyService binding = new MyServiceServiceLocator().getMyService();
((MyServiceSoapBindingStub)binding).setMaintainSession(true);
--> 32ms

String result = binding.getString();
--> 547ms

wstm.commit();
--> 9578ms <End>

So, most of the time(94.3%) is spent for wstm to commit in the whole global tx. This is strange.
Why so much time?

I think it is important to reduce wstm's commit time at least to 5000ms. Is it possible? Thanks.

Wang Jun