ws-kandula-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Wang <pipa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Question of running Kandula exampes
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 07:48:57 GMT
Question of running Kandula exampes
    When I follow the following steps to test the Kandula exampes, I met some problems. Sorry
I am
a newbie.

step 1 Get the kandula from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/kandula/branches/Kandula_1/ with svn client

step 2 Install maven and set maven_home
	also
	Install java1.5 and set JAVA_HOME
	Install tomcat 5 and set CATALINA_HOME
	Install ant and set ant_home

step 3 Download axis1.3 and install the axis example to %CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/axis

step 4 Modify %KANDULA_HOME%/conf/kandula.properties to build Kandula with maven. If necessary,
modify %KANDULA_HOME%/conf/endpoints.conf,	currently, there is no file named endpoints.conf,
but
it is no matter if we use the default url http://localhost:8080/axis/.

step 5 Copy kandula-0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar in %KANDULA_HOME%/target/ directory and jars in
%KANDULA_HOME%/target/lib/ to
	%CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/

step 6 Download jotm(Mine is jotm-2.0.10) software and copy jotm*.jar to
%CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/

step 7 Download j2ee.jar from internet and copy it %CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/

step 8 Build the two Kandula samples with "ant dist" in %KANDULA_HOME%/src/samples/interopibm
and
%KANDULA_HOME%/src/samples/test-suite1,
	and copy the built jars named "interop-ibm.jar", "test-suite1.jar" to %KANDULA_HOME%/target/lib/

step 9 Run tomcat to start the web services

step 10 Copy server-config.wsdd in %KANDULA_HOME%/src/conf to
%CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/. Note:
	The global type mappings provided in %KANDULA_HOME%/conf/server-config.wsdd are used by the
WS-Addressing
	implementation and *must be* copied to the server-config.wsdd, so I can not deploy it with
command "java -
	lhttp://localhosthost:8080/services/AdminService server-config.wsdd"?
		Deploy client web service described by client-config.wsdd file provided in %KANDULA_HOME%/conf
with command:
		"java -classpath {classpath} -lhttp://localhosthost:8080/services/AdminService
client-config.wsdd"

step 11 Run the provided JUnit test cases by entering,
	ant test in %KANDULA_HOME%/src/samples/interop.

My question:

1) When I run "ant test", it reports no class "InteropServiceTestCase" error. Where is the
class
"InteropServiceTestCase"?

2) Where is org.apache.ws.transaction.participant.j2ee.handler.TransactionHandler? and where
is
"org.apache.ws.transaction.participant.j2ee.TransactionManagerGlue" ? How to configure
transactionManagerGlueImpl property in kandula.properties ? If I use jotm, what's the value
of
transactionManagerGlueImpl property (The fully qualified class name of the class implementing
org.apache.ws.transaction.participant.j2ee.TransactionManagerGlue interface for the transaction
manager used by the application server runtime.)?

    In the guide:
    "Modify the client-config.wsdd copied to %CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/classes
deploy the org.apache.ws.transaction.participant.j2ee.handler.TransactionHandler on request
flow.
Also remove the org.apache.ws.transaction.participant.standalone.handler.TransactionHandler
used
by standalone clients.
    The modified client-config.wsdd is shown below.
	<deployment ...>
	    <globalConfiguration>
	        <requestFlow>
	            <handler type="java:org.apache.axis.message.
	                addressing.handler.AddressingHandler" />
	        	    <handler
type="java:org.apache.ws.transaction.participant.j2ee.handler.TransactionHandler"/>
	        </requestFlow>
	        <responseFlow>
	               	<handler type="java:org.apache.axis.message.addressing.handler.AddressingHandler"
/>
	        </responseFlow>
	     </globalConfiguration>
	</deployment>
	"

    But, the client-config.wsdd is:
  <globalConfiguration>
	<parameter name="sendMultiRefs" value="false"/>
	<parameter name="disablePrettyXML" value="true"/>
    <requestFlow>
		<handler type="java:org.apache.axis.message.addressing.handler.AddressingHandler" />
 		<handler type="java:org.apache.kandula.coordinator.at.TxHandler" />
    </requestFlow>
    <responseFlow>
    	<handler type="java:org.apache.axis.message.addressing.handler.AddressingHandler"
/>
    </responseFlow>
  </globalConfiguration>
    It seems not match. Does "org.apache.kandula.coordinator.at.TxHandler" in
kandula-0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar correspond to
"org.apache.ws.transaction.participant.j2ee.handler.TransactionHandler" in
kandula-0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar ?

    Thanks.

Wang Jun