ws-kandula-dev mailing list archives

From Dasarath Weeratunge <dweer...@purdue.edu>
Subject Fwd: Re: Invocing the TX Service without using WSDL ?
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:46:48 GMT

----- Forwarded message from Dasarath Weeratunge <dweeratu@purdue.edu> -----
    Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:43:35 -0500
    From: Dasarath Weeratunge <dweeratu@purdue.edu>
 Subject: Re: Invocing the TX Service without using WSDL ?
      To: "Brian Dillon (ext. 944)" <Brian.Dillon@FINEOS.com>

Quoting "Brian Dillon (ext. 944)" <Brian.Dillon@FINEOS.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I have got a simple sample client working with Knadula using the WSDL
> generators etc. However our existing code does not use WSDL generation when
> sending Axis requests and instead build up the request using;
>

>         org.apache.axis.client.Call soapSrv =
> getSOAPService(getServiceProperties().getServiceName());
>         soapSrv.setOperationName(new QName(soapSrvName,"testTransactionOp")
> );
>
>         soapSrv.addParameter("name",new QName("xsd:string"),
>             javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
>         soapSrv.addParameter("requestContext",
>             new QName("ta:RequestContext"),javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
>         soapSrv.setReturnType(new QName("xsd:string"));
>
>         String retValue =(String) soapSrv.invoke(new Object[] {name,
> requestContext});
>
> This however results in the service code not knowing the transaction. I.e.
> when the invocation arrives the below call returns null;
>
> 	Transaction tx= txMgr.getTransaction();
>

> From looking at the SOAP message it appears that I am missing the
> coordination context. I presume I should be adding this on to the
> axis.client.Call object using something like
>
>         soapSrv.addParameterAsHeader(...)
>
> Is this correct ? Is there any sample that invocats a transacted service
> like this ?

This shouldn't be required. I presume you are trying to retrieve the tx-object
on the server side. If the coordination context is missing when the client side
(j2ee or standalone) has a tx-context then it is a problem with the tx handler.
Whenever there is an active tx-context at the time the service is invoked, the
tx-handler automatically adds in the coordination context-- you do not have to
add it in explicitly. Check whether all handlers are properly diployed: e.g.
whether axis-engine is able to locate the *-config.wsdd etc. Further, as a
result the method (DII/stubs...) you use to invoke the service has no bearing
on Kandula.

--dasarath

----- End forwarded message -----