ws-jaxme-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <>
Subject Re: SG Threading and eclipse plugin
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:34:09 GMT
I noticed something similar in regards to ClassLoaders and Eclipse. In
working on an Eclipse plugin, I needed to make sure I created the
JAXBContext with the plugins classloader and not the default system
classloader. The challenge was that the plugin has a classpath isolated
from the system classpath and so the JaxME jars and generated
classes/properties are not available on the System classpath. I had to
also modify the ObjectFactory to use a classloader acquired from the
class itself and not the default.

Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> Nacho G. Mac Dowell wrote:
>> Ok, I was failing to understand the threading model SWT uses
>> (appartment). It's working now! The version I have doesn't use
>> produces, depends or SGFactoryChains. Should I bother submitting it or
>> shall I wait until a more complete version is up.
> Not using "produces" and/or "depends" is fine. Not using SGFactoryChains
> is broken, because it disables extensions like JaxMePM. However, fixing
> that can well be left for later.
> If you've got something working, please post it. :-)
> Jochen

Mark Diggory
Open Source Software Developer
Apache Jakarta Project