ws-jaxme-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@freenet.de>
Subject Re: Another newbie question
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 09:53:29 GMT
Rudi Vankeirsbilck wrote:

> I noticed that the returntype of the method generated by jaxme to
> access that list of nested elements is List. Is there any way to
> instruct jaxme to use an array?

There are such plans, because the SPEC requires it. Implementation should
not be overly complex. Basically one needs to copy the class
MultiplePropertySG to a an ArrayPropertySG and edit that. Additionally one
needs to sure, that the method JAXBParticleSG.newPropertySGChain()
distinguishes between the cases and returns either of these SG's.

Wanna volunteer?

> Also, optional elements (minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1") only get an
> accessor that will probably return null if the element is not there. Is
> there any way to instruct jaxme to generate a test method that returns
> a boolean to test if the element was there or not.

Yes, see the JAXB Spec for details. Don't have the exact section in mind,
but you are able to request a method "isFooSet" being created. (Interesting
question whether that works ... :-)

Jochen