ws-jaxme-dev mailing list archives

From Rudi Vankeirsbilck <r...@objectsmith.be>
Subject Another newbie question
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 09:21:41 GMT
Hi,

I have succesfully generated my first schema into a set of java
classes. One of the complex types contains a list of nested elements
(minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"). See example XML below.

I noticed that the returntype of the method generated by jaxme to
access that list of nested elements is List. Is there any way to
instruct jaxme to use an array? I prefer that because it avoids me
having to cast the elements of the List to the actual class.
what about generics? Are there any plans to support that? (knowing that
under the hood, there would still be a cast).

Also, optional elements (minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1") only get an
accessor that will probably return null if the element is not there. Is
there any way to instruct jaxme to generate a test method that returns
a boolean to test if the element was there or not.

Example XML:
<ENTITY>
	<ATTRIBUTES>
		<ATTRIBUTE>