ws-fx-dev mailing list archives

From akkachotu <akkach...@gmail.com>
Subject Can WSS4J validate signatures formed using self-signed certificate?
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 06:02:35 GMT
I am having a consumer that uses Self-Signed-Certificate, public key,
private key created using java keytool command. Now if I generate a WS
Security 2004 complaint XML Signature using these
Self-Signed-Certificates, public key, private key and send the request
soap message to a provider that uses AXIS + WSS4J to validate the
signature in the soap message then can WSS4J on the provider side
validate such signature? Or do we have to use only
CA-Signed-Certificate, public key and private key to generate a
signature inorder to make WSS4J validate such signature. Please
clarify ?

Thank you for your time and reply.