ws-fx-dev mailing list archives

From "Dittmann, Werner" <werner.dittm...@siemens.com>
Subject AW: WSS4J documentation / Comparison of WS-Security Toolkits
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 07:35:29 GMT
Thomas, all,

except for the last point (Exception doc) all other parts
are not WSS4J specific.

- How to setup a keystore, how to manage a key and certificate
  infrastructure is certainly an overall topic for everybody
  that is concered about security. WSS4J usually reuses an
  existing infrastructure for this. It was not the intend of
  WSS4J to setup new keystore, PKI, and certificate tools
  or infrastructure.

- Well, the handlers we provide for WSS4J are standard Axis
  handler. We used the Axis documentation and examples to
  implement the handlers. The handler interfaces used by Axis
  are well documented there. Again, WSS4J is not a project
  that sets up a new handler infrastructure but reuses existing
  interfaces and functions. The existing handlers (Axis as well
  as JAX-RPC) link into the Axis base and control the flow to
  setup and modify the SOAP request.

- Many of the features of the handlers and the WSS4J bases classes,
  (Signature, Encryption, UsernameToken, overlapping Signatures, SAML)
  are shown and demonstrated in the interop test cases. Because of
  the design of the provided Axis and JAX-RPC handlers all these
  features are controlled by the deployment files, usually no (or
  little) programming is required. This is the reason why there are
  no real Java examples. Its all in the deployment files.

Regards,
Werner