ws-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache WSS4J 2.1.1
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 13:45:49 GMT

> On May 31, 2015, at 11:21 AM, Andreas Veithen <andreas.veithen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The NOTICE file in the source distribution has an extra entry giving
> attribution to University of Southampton. Shouldn't that entry be
> present in the NOTICE files included in the JARs as well?

Actually, I think it should be removed from the one in the source for the 2.x branches.
I went through the old patch that was submitted for that and the entire patch has now been
completely rewritten as part of the updates to WSS4J 2.0 and the streaming/dom separations
and code unification and inclusion of the ws-security policy processing.  The only part of
the patch that’s left is really just an error message:

requiredElementNotSigned=Element {0} is not included in the signature

which is not something I think a Notice is needed for.  Even the code around where that error
was thrown is completely different.

Anyway, that’s something that I wouldn’t consider a blocker for a release.  We can get
that removed for the next releases.

Dan

> Andreas
>
> On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 6:42 PM, Colm O hEigeartaigh
> <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:
>> This is a vote to release Apache WSS4J 2.1.1. This release fixes an
>> important bug in 2.1.0, which prevents signing or validating a signed SAML
>> token in an OSGi container.
>>
>> Issues fixed:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS/fixforversion/12332242
>>
>> SVN tag: