ws-dev mailing list archives

From cb9 <c_brown1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Understanding encryption key identifier and signature key identifier
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:32:30 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to understand encryption key identifier and signature key
identifier.  The JavaDoc says "For encryption IssuerSerial,
X509KeyIdentifier, DirectReference, Thumbprint, SKIKeyIdentifier, and
EmbeddedKeyName are valid only" and "For signature IssuerSerial and
DirectReference are valid only." But where can I find more information about
IssuerSerial, X509KeyIdentifier, DirectReference, Thumbprint,
SKIKeyIdentifier, and EmbeddedKeyName ? I do not understand what these
values mean  "IssuerSerial, X509KeyIdentifier, DirectReference, Thumbprint,
SKIKeyIdentifier, and EmbeddedKeyName"