On Aug 21, 2012, at 10:35 AM, Colm O hEigeartaigh <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:

Hi all,

WSS4J trunk now has the following modules and package names:

parent
bindings -> org.apache.ws.security.binding.*
policy -> org.apache.ws.security.policy.*
ws-security-common -> org.apache.ws.security.common.*
ws-security-dom -> org.apache.ws.security.dom.*
ws-security-stax -> org.apache.ws.security.stax.*
ws-security-policy-stax -> org.apache.ws.security.policy.stax.*

They will probably undergo a few more changes before the release. Should we move to use org.apache.wss4j instead of org.apache.ws.security as suggested by Andreas here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-350

If we changed the package names, that should allow WSS4J 2.0 and 1.6 to co-exist, right?   Thus, things like CXF could keep the 1.6 based code around for a release or so while users migrate.   If that's the case, I'd support it.  :-)

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog