ws-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL to merge Rampart, CXF, swssf AssertionBuilder and Assertion classes
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 18:53:15 GMT

> I agree [   x  ]

I definitely agree with the idea.   If you look back at the Neethi 3
discussions, this was one of my primary motivations for the changes in Neethi
3.    It allows creating policy models that are more re-usable.

My ONLY concern is that the CXF model has come a long way in the last couple
years.  It supports a lot of other token types and custom algorithm things and
such that the rampart model doesn't.   Thus, we'll definitely need to go
through the CXF model and find the updates and fixes.   Either that, or start
with the CXF model, not the Rampart one, since the CXF model should be
completely Neethi3, DOM based, etc.... and pretty much meets all the same
requirements you listed.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp