ws-dev mailing list archives

From ThekkayilJoy Thomas <thekkayil...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting XmlRpcClientException when using xml rpc 3.1.3 jar
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 05:09:34 GMT
Hi,

      I am trying to login to a nessus server using apache xml rpc 3.1.3 in
java. I am getting XmlRpcClientException. Upon debugging i can find that the
response is coming and even response message is coming as OK but the
response is not getting parsed properly.

It is giving sax parser exception.

Please let me know what i am doing wrong.

Sample:

XmlRpcClientConfigImpl config = new XmlRpcClientConfigImpl();
config.setServerURL(new URL("https://a.b.c.d:8834" ));
XmlRpcClient client = new XmlRpcClient();
client.setConfig(config);

Object[] params = new Object[] {new
String("login=admin2&seq=1&password=password")};
Object result = client.execute("Login", params);

Output is:
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientException:
Failed to parse server's response: Expected methodResponse element, got html

    at XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:172)

Thanks,
Thomas