ws-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Disassemble the 'commons' notion
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 13:56:54 GMT
The two JIRA projects have been created. Now the question is what
should happen to the existing issues in WSCOMMONS. I'm tempted to say
that they should all be moved to the new home, including resolved
issues. That will surely be a bit painful in the beginning, because it
will require some work, generate some noise (notifications) and create
some confusion initially. However, in the long term, I think it is a
better solution because it completely eliminates the confusion of
having issues for the same project in two different JIRA projects. It
also makes it easier to search for known issues and to generate
meaningful statistics about the evolution of the projects. Finally,
migrating all existing issues also gives a better impression about the
state of the projects: if we now start with AXIOM-1, people may think
that Axiom is not a mature project...

Andreas