ws-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Schnoor <Lars.Schn...@ifad.dk>
Subject Re: Welcome to dev@ws.apache.org
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 09:29:50 GMT
It wasn't my intention to insult people, but my experience has shown
that people are more likely to react to direct statements. So I
apologize to those that felt insulted.

My use of the word SPAM was meant with respect to the amount messages
received and the fact that they are of no interest to me, just like SPAM
is. I am and have been on a number of mailing lists but not one has
managed to send 29 messages about commits in only ONE minute.

My use of the word professional was meant with respect to merging the
lists without asking the people affect beforehand (there was at least
nothing on the XML-RPC list) and after a couple of days asking if it was
a mistake and when people answer that is was ignore that.

Sagara, no, not redoing the change but undo the change, or at least
remove the XML-RPC list from the merger.

I assumed that the mailing lists were intended to serve as communication
channels among people involved. The flood of unsubscribes should have
shown that people aren't very happy about this merger and every
unsubscribe means one less possible contributer. To me it sounded like
there was a lack of contributers and how many contributers do you think
you will get by having them bombarded with messages?