ws-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Welcome to dev@ws.apache.org
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 00:10:55 GMT
His use of the words 'professional' and 'spam' was a direct insult, I
gave it the least offensive interpretation I could think of.

The fact remains that the individual ws components cannot stand on
their own as ASF projects. So they have to work together. That include
reading a certain amount of email about the overall infrastructure.

If I am wrong, and XML-RPC can muster it's own viable community of
active contributors, I will be happy to vote +1 for a tlp with its own
mailing lists.

as of now, however , the board's direction is to eliminate
subprojects. I am perfectly prepared to read any amount of XML-RPC
email and vote as needed for its releases, and I expect XML-RPC people
to do the same for axiom, xmlschema, and the rest.

web sites are a required part of the job of a pmc. if you want to read
the dev list of a pmc, you are going to see email on that subject
unless you set up some filters.

I am sorry to be harsh, but I won't accept being labelled a spammer
for doing the necessary work of this pmc.