ws-dev mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL]: throw away the 'forrest' web site in favor of exporting the confluence site
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 00:12:04 GMT
Hi Nadir,

There are some discussions on java-dev list about axis site redesign
[1]  that also based on Confluence. Chanaka Jayasena already making
some progress on this and you may join with him or you can take your
own path. The best place to have your discussion is either axis
java-dev list or this Jira ticket [2].

[1] - http://osdir.com/ml/java-dev/2010-10/msg00034.html
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4773

Thanks !

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nadir,
>
> Axis is its own TLP. It left its web content behind at
> people.apache.org:/www/ws.apache.org/
>
>  axis
>  axis2
>  axis-c
>

> They should be making themselves a new web site under axis.apache.org,
> instead of what there is so far, a single HTML page under
> axis.apache.org pointing back into ws.apache.org.
>

> You are listed as a PMC member of the new Axis TLP, perhaps you could
> lead the charge there?
>
> --benson
>

> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Nadir Amra <amra@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>> Benson,
>>
>> Yes, Axis C++ and Axis are intertwined.
>>
>> So where is the content and are there any pointers to how to perform the
>> updates? I can read about Confluence some more, but where exactly is the
>> content for Axis?
>>
>> Nadir Amra
>> Integrated Web Services for IBM i Operating System
>> Internet: amra@us.ibm.com
>>
>> Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote on 10/15/2010 05:38:06 PM:
>>
>>> From: Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com>
>>> To: general@ws.apache.org
>>> Date: 10/15/2010 05:38 PM
>>> Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL]: throw away the 'forrest' web site in favor
>>> of exporting the confluence site
>>>
>>> I'm confused. Didn't Axis C++ travel with the rest of Axis? Obviously
>>> I wasn't paying enough attention.
>>>
>>> Anyway, people can start improving the Confluence content starting
>>> Right Now, and when we like it I can perform the switcharoo.

Java

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Blog - http://ssagara.blogspot.com