ws-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remove Axis2 stuff from WS site.....
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:24:18 GMT

Andreas,

On Monday 25 October 2010 10:09:21 am Andreas Veithen wrote:
> That would only work if one assumes that the HTML generated by the
> Maven site only contains relative links. I don't think that's the
> case. What we really need to do is to clean up the Maven site and get
> Axis2 1.6 out.

If someone would just cp the relevant directories over to the axis space, we
could easily work with infra (maybe we don't have to) to get an .htaccess file
setup with things like:

RedirectMatch Permanent ^/axis2(.*) http://axis.apache.org/axis2$1

or similar to make everything go right over there.   Thus, bookmarks and such
should "just work" and links and such would just redirect over.   The good
thing is that people would start to see the axis.apache.org site in the URL's
and such and newer people coming in will stay in the axis.apache.org site.
That is a GOOD thing for Axis.   I really don't understand the  resistance.
The amount of time and effort arguing about this is definitely less than:

ssh people.apache.org
cp -a /www/ws.apache.org/axis   /www/axis.apache.org
cp -a /www/ws.apache.org/axis2   /www/axis.apache.org
cp -a /www/ws.apache.org/axis2-c  /www/axis.apache.org
etc....

Once the content is over there (and all the rsyncs triggered and such), we can
start working on getting the redirects setup and such.   But that really needs
to be the first step.   (and I'd  use "cp" not "mv" for right now until we can
verify the redirects will work properly)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org