ws-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Mailing list changes.....
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:10:29 GMT

I'd like to make a proposal that I think would the WS community and would like
peoples thoughts on the matter:

I think it would be good for the community to combine all the *-dev@ws mailing
lists (and likely general@ as well) in to a single dev@ws.apache.org.
Likewise, combine all the *-user@ws lists into a single users@.   Probably a
single commits list as well.

I really think having separate lists has caused the community to fracture into
small little eco systems with very little knowledge of what is happening in
the rest of the community propogating from project to project.  Doing releases
is hard as the other PMC members may not be following the other projects at
all.   By combining them back into a few, broader lists, that should make it
easier to follow what the entire community is doing.    Once everyone really
gets a feel for things and are communicating with each other, I think it will
be easier to figure out what can/should be spun off, retired to attic, etc...

Also, I'd like the new lists changed to be moderated lists.   Moderated lists
are much easer for new people to get involved in, especially through places
like nabble.

Thoughts?

--
Daniel Kulp