ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/Proposals/Axis2TLPProposal" by GlenDaniels
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 17:02:47 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "FrontPage/Proposals/Axis2TLPProposal" page has been changed by GlenDaniels.
The comment on this change is: Remove second step to make proposal slightly simpler..
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Proposals/Axis2TLPProposal?action=diff&rev1=4&rev2=5

  This page describes a potential plan for the future of the Web Services PMC.  The salient
points of this plan are as follows.

   * Restructure Axis2 as an independent TLP, containing subprojects that *directly* relate
to Axis2 - these include all the Modules and Transports.  This ends up being a reasonably
sized and well-focused project.
-
-  * Once Axis2 is split out, we'll move the "sub-sub-projects" inside WS-Commons (Axiom,
Neethi, XmlSchema) up to be WS subprojects.  This will also involve making sure that the SVN
authorizations are appropriately granular.

   * We'll then do a review of the remaining projects inside WS and based on that, decide
whether any further action is needed.  Such actions might include promoting more projects
to TLPs, or retiring stagnant codebases.