ws-dev mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Axis2 as TLP
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:37:27 GMT
On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Samisa Abeysinghe
<samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com> wrote:

> -1. They share the same architecture. They do the same this, only the implementation
is different.
> And they are supposed to work with each other, interop in other words, so they have lot
in common.

Interoperability is not an argument. Axis is trying hard to be
interoperable with others as well. About
the architecture: Might be, but that doesn't mean, that it is a single
community in practice.

To convince me, you should give me *more* examples like the following,
where work actually shared:

> It is a fact that, you can interop being disjoint projects. However, we even
> use the WSDL2Code tool to generate code. If Axis2/Java becomes a separate
> TLP and can an Axis2/C comittor do changed to that tool?

What's the problem? I can't see anyone from preventing an Axis2/C
committer being a
Axis2/Java committer as well, if he or she is interested in it? My
expectation would be,
though, that it is a minority only, who wants it.

Jochen

--
I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone.

    -- (Bjarne Stroustrup,
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#really-say-that
       My guess: Nokia E50)