ws-dev mailing list archives

From "Afkham Azeez" <afk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Axis2 as TLP
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:17:05 GMT
I'd have to agree with the view that Axis2/Java & Axis2/C have quite a lot
in common. The sames concepts & architecture are used by both these
projects. In effect, a person who understands the concepts & architecture of
one, can easily understand the other. So, IMHO, we should not separate these
projects. Axis2/C is a very useful project since it makes it possible to
make use of it to build Web service frameworks in other languages like PHP,
Ruby, Perl, C++ etc. So it has a wide are of usage, and caters to a wider
audience. Hence it is not correct to even imply that it is less important.
I'm sure that the Axis2/C developers & users would have taken great offense
in such statements.

I've been observing this thread for sometime now, and I feel that making
Axis2 a TLP is going to give rise to more problems than finding solutions to
the problems at hand. What we should do is to come up with a plan to address
the issues & concerns, rather than saying 'making Axis2 a TLP will solve all
the problems'.

Thanks
Azeez