ws-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Axis2 as TLP
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:28:44 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Eran,
>
> Clearly you did not read my previous emails. *PLEASE* read them and
> then we can continue.
>
> For example, I said "1. The proposal was to split Axis2+Anything that
> Axis2 Uses+Anything that is built on Axis2 into a separate TLP."
>
> Also, i said this before, but repeat it again, The current status quo
> sucks. What we have is not working.
> - Really bad web sites
> - Really bad status of JIRA issues
> - Really bad track record of making releases periodically
> - There are many disjoint islands
> - The set of projects mentioned above is totally disjoint from other
> projects in WS PMC.

How can a TLP solve all these? If people are who they are now, even
after making Axis2 a TLP, the bad websites and bad release cycles will
remain.
On the other hand, if we cannot sync the releases of Axis2's sub
projects, then irrespective of Axis2 being a TLP, it would turn out to
be a useless project. Because one of Axis2's key strenghts is the set of
sub projects it has.

So IMHO, what is more important is to solve the above problems. However,
I doubt if TLP would be a solution for that.

Samisa...

--
Samisa Abeysinghe

http://people.apache.org/~samisa/